Plan My Trip
With our interactive map and road trip itineraries, planning a vacation is just as much fun as the trip itself. Whether you start with an activity or attraction in mind, or just know the date you want to come, you can begin planning your vacation today! Perhaps you want to visit a specific historic community or one of our famous mountain peaks. Do you want to come in the winter or the summer? Where can you find additional information or someone to talk to about your vacation or getaway? Find it all on our website.
Trip Planning Checklist
▢ Choose your Date: Click here for events and seasonal information.
▢ Select your Location: Click here for the interactive map.
▢ Decide Where to Stay: Click here for lodging options.
▢ Check the Weather: Click here for weather forecast and webcams.
▢ Bring your 10 Essentials for Hiking
▢ Stop in at one of our Visitor Centers to pick up maps and other information.
▢ Print out one of our exciting Road Trip itineraries.
▢ Use the Mile by Mile guide to plan your byway journey.
▢ Check the current traffic and road conditions. View the webcam and daily pass report.
Pick up your Byway Pocket Guide for a fun and informative tour of the White Pass Scenic Byway! Discover points of interest and activities along the byway including lakes and hiking trails, museums and visitor centers. Available at locations along the byway.
Cowlitz Valley Ranger Station - Gifford Pinchot National Forest
- Website: www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/giffordpinchot
- 10024 US Hwy 12, Randle, WA 98377
The information desk/store is staffed by Forest Service staff who can answer questions on activities, condition of roads, burn bans and sell permits for recreation access, woodcutting and more! Also available are maps, book sales, a gift shop, forest permits, updates on road and trail conditions, burn bans, as well as campground information.
- Website: www.DestinationPackwood.com
- 13011 U.S. Highway 12, Packwood, WA
- Phone: (360) 494-2223
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 9am - 5pm; Sundays 10am - 4pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Destination Packwood for additional information regarding Mt. Rainier vacations at White Pass, or in the communities of Packwood and Randle in East Lewis County, including overnight lodging and services.
Morton Visitor Information Center
- Website: www.VisitMorton.com
- 194 Main St., Morton, WA
- Phone: (360) 496-0070
- Hours: Open Memorial Day weekend through September.
- Tours of the Historic Morton Depot available
The visitor center offers information from the locals on the best places to fish, hike, enjoy water sports, or discover the myriad of recreation activities near the White Pass Ski Area, Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens.
Naches Ranger Station - Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest
- Website - http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen
- 10237 US-12 , Naches, WA 98937
- Phone: (509) 653-1401
- Hours: :8:00 am-4:30 pm; closed for lunch noon to 12:30 pm
- Lobby open 24/7 with a wide variety of free materials of interest
The information desk/store is staffed by Forest Service staff who can answer questions on activities, condition of roads, burn bans and sell permits for recreation access, woodcutting and more! Also available are maps, book sales, a gift shop, forest permits, updates on road and trail conditions, burn bans, as well as campground information. Generous display of free materials in the lobby that's open 24/7.
Naches Area Information
- Website: www.uppervalleybb.com
- Online resources on the Yakima County communities of Naches, Gleed, Cowiche, Tieton and the Nile Valley